Bethesda Home is always looking for friendly, compassionate and reliable volunteers to help us with day to day life enriching activities, special events and outings. There are a wide variety of jobs available to volunteers, so no matter what your interests are, we will have a way for you to help out!
Some suggested life enriching volunteer opportunities include:
- Nurture social relationships with Bethesda residents (visiting with residents, reading to residents, etc.)
- Provide life enrichment activities / performances (playing games, playing cards, telling stories of the past, musical programs, display of hobbies, sharing of a unique talent, etc.)
- Show classic car, motorcycle, tractor, etc. to residents
- Share slideshows, photos, travel video, etc. with residents
- Converse in Low-German with residents
- Take a wheel chair bound resident for a ride through the butterfly garden and/or walking path
- Weed the flower beds in Butterfly Garden and court yards
- Paint for maintenance
- Assist maintenance with campus yard work (pruning, weeding, planting, etc.)
- Help residents use the computer
- Playgames with residents
- Entertain residents with your special talent (vocal, instrumental, juggling, magic, etc.)
- Share a collection of stamps, coins, dolls, butterflies, seashells, etc.
- Play piano for memorial services
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of seniors and the frail, click here to go to the Volunteer Application Page.